Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Bumpdate Weeks 29-33

Week 29, April 14th-April 21st, 2015

How I am feeling: Feeling lots of movement and the baby found my ribs this week. The baby isn't in my ribs all the time but I have noticed that he/she is starting to explore that area more. I have to watch my posture because if I slouch too much the baby starts kicking and asking for more room :). I've had some dull, aching pain in my lower abdomen which can last 30 minutes to an hour but it doesn't feel like a contraction. I have some low back pain but it isn't bad.
Funny Jake Moments/Commentary: I was talking to Jake through Google Chat and telling him that Baker had been moving a lot and responds with "I'm really starting to like that kid."
Size of the Baby: 15.25 inches, Butternut Squash, 2.5 lbs
What is the Baby up to this Week:  Over the next three months the baby is in for a major growth spurt. I may notice smaller movement inside my belly. The third trimester will bring back fatigue and I will feel short of breath since the uterus is pushing up on my diaphragm.
Best Moment this Week: Catching Baker moving on video.
Food Cravings: Fruit
What I Miss: Not much.
Most Looking Forward To: Getting to the single digit week countdown.
Thankful for: A great trip back home seeing friends.
Weight Gain/Loss: +0.4 pounds (+11.8 lbs total)
Clothing: Maternity plus a few new things I picked up when I was back in the states.
Sleep: Sleep has been good. Still waking up to use the bathroom once a night but falling back asleep okay.
Exercise: I didn't work out this week since we just got back from the US and I don't work out on weekends :).
Movement: So much movement! I got a great video of it.
Gender: Surprise!

Week 30, April 22nd-April 28th, 2015
A few outtakes because after 30 weeks these pictures are starting to get a little boring :).
How I am feeling: I think I started to feel some braxton hicks contractions. One fun side effect of pregnancy I haven't mentioned yet (and I didn't even really know was a side effect of pregnancy) are nose bleeds. My nose bleeds now when I blow it. I haven't had a full on nose bleed but more often than not when I blow my nose it is bloody. With all the weird pregnancy symptoms this isn't such a bad one to have. My nose has also been more stuffed up than normal which is also common. My back hurts a little more if I'm just lounging on the couch and not sitting up straight.
Funny Jake Moments/Commentary: While we were sorting through baby clothes Jake said he might need some wine but I told him he was already whining enough :). When he held up a 0-3 month onesie I told him that wasn't the newborn size. He then said he couldn't imagine anything smaller than so I was responsible for anything smaller than what could fit in a 0-3 month onesie. After it was big enough to fit in the onesie he would help out. He is funny. I am sure he will be singing a different tune once the baby gets here.
Size of the Baby: 15.7 inches, cabbage, 2.75 lbs
What is the Baby up to this Week:  As the baby continues to practice breathing I may notice a bout of hiccups.
Best Moment this Week: Washing all the baby clothes and blankets and sorting them with Jake. It is starting to feel real and I love it! We are 75% of the way there!
Food Cravings: Grapes & Fruit. I feel less guilty eating fruit than chocolate and it is sweet enough to hold me over most of the time.
What I Miss: Not much.
Most Looking Forward To: Seeing the baby in the outfits that we sorted :).
Thankful for:  Having Jake sort the clothes with me so he knows what they are called and where they are when we need them.
Weight Gain/Loss: +1.4 pounds (+13.2 lbs total) 
Clothing: Maternity
Sleep: Still good.
Exercise: Only one workout this week but I was pretty sore afterwards since it has been about 2 weeks since I last worked out. I started doing planks again (after I asked my doctor if it was safe) and I was pretty sore afterwards. I only held it for 10 seconds each time but it was still enough to feel the burn.
Movement: Lots of moving. Sometimes it is painful. I think the baby might have shifted again because I feel more movements by my hips and legs than I did before. I still feel the feet on my right side. While Jake and I were napping together over the weekend I was laying on my side with my belly against Jake's side and he could feel Baker kicking which was funny.
Gender: Surprise!


Week 31, April 29th-May 5th, 2015
I usually freak out when I see my shadow on the wall so this week Jake took a picture of it.
How I am feeling: Starting to feel pretty tired and getting more swollen by the end of the day. The baby started getting hiccups a couple of times which is funny to feel. I'm starting to feel more nervous/anxious about the birth. I'm worried about the pain level and how I'll tolerate things but I'm mostly worried about the health of the baby and me at the end of it all. I just want to come home with a healthy baby and mama. I feel like some people take that piece of this process for granted. I am also nervous to see how parenthood changes our marriage. We have gotten really close over the last two years and I don't want that to come crashing down in our sleep deprived months that are ahead of us. I know we will still be a team but it will just be harder than it is now. We've talked about making sure we don't develop bad habits but I'm still a bit worried. You could say I like my sleep and can be grumpy without it.
Funny Jake Moments/Commentary: Not that I can think of. We did buy a rocking chair and he picked it up this week with his boss which I was really thankful for.
Size of the Baby: 16.25 inches, 4 Navel Oranges (I blame pregnancy brain for the lack of fruit in this picture. I forgot to get it from the store on the way home), 3.3 lbs
What is the Baby up to this Week:  This week the baby is gaining more weight as the baby fat is filling in underneath the skin. By now, the baby's irises can dilate and respond to changes in light.
Best Moment this Week: We got to meet Florian, Tim and Mona's little boy. Tim is Jake's good friend at work. We went to Taiwan and Beijing with Tim and have hung out with him several times. It was really neat and a little scary seeing them with a new baby thinking that will be us in about 2 months. They aren't getting much sleep and were still trying to figure out life as parents but they looked really happy!
Food Cravings: Grapes! I made Jake go to the store and get me some grapes when we ran out so I guess this was my first weird food craving. I didn't think he would get them but the next morning I woke up and he had them for me. I was SO excited! I ate almost a whole carton in one day. He was smart though and saved a few back for me for the next day.
What I Miss: Sleeping on my back. My maternity pillow helps but my hips are starting to hurt when I sleep.
Most Looking Forward To: Single digit weeks left.
Thankful for: My niece Avery was born at 31 weeks and 5 days. When she was born I knew several friends who had babies early so I knew she would be okay but being 31 weeks and 5 days pregnant is scary thinking about having a baby that early. My sister-in-law was brave. She handled that way better than I realized until I was that far along with this pregnancy.
Weight Gain/Loss: +2 pounds (+15.2 lbs total) 
Clothing: Maternity
Sleep: Still good.
Exercise: Eh, not doing so hot but I have been getting in a lot of steps even though they haven't been at the gym. I did work out once during the week at the gym.
Movement: Lots of moving and kicking in my ribs. Some kicks are pretty hard. I can definitely feel a pattern of sleeping and awake time. Usually when I lay down to take a nap with Jake, Baker decides to wake up and kick him which I think is funny.
Gender: Surprise!


Week 32, May 6th-May 12th, 2015
I just feel round. From the side I still think I don't look that big but straight on . . . is a different story.
How I am feeling: I have been feeling more pregnant the last week or two. Weird huh? It is starting to slow me down. I am not miserable but I am very aware that I'm pregnant. I still can't get over the growing belly but I sure do love it!
Funny Jake Moments/Commentary: Jake picking out newborn clothes was really fun to see. He would flip flop between being really excited and a little freaked out that we will be in charge of something that small.
Size of the Baby: 16.7 inches, large jicama (no idea what that is), 3.75 lbs
What is the Baby up to this Week:  The baby is really plumping up and will gain almost half his body weight by the time I deliver. This needed baby fat will help keep the baby warm in the outside world.
Best Moment this Week: Celebrating Mother's day!
Coming home outfits!
For Mother's Day, Jake made us Swedish pancakes for breakfast and we went shopping for coming home outfits for Baker. It was so fun picking them out! Most of the clothes we've borrowed or been given tend to be a little more boyish so it was so fun picking out a girly outfit just in case :).
Four things you should know about these pictures: #1 - 32 weeks is 8 months if I continue to count the way I started. #2 - I don't do candid shots well . . . I just look like a dork. #3 - We didn't have a large jicama (the fruit/veggie) of the week but Jake realized the calzone I had for dinner one night was about the correct size. #4 - Jake painted my toes for my baby showers when we were back home and this week he took the polish off for me. He is great!
Food Cravings: Fruit
What I Miss: Sleeping on my back.
Most Looking Forward To: Meeting the baby . . . but not really the labor.
Thankful for: Jake being so involved and for a healthy pregnancy.
I got to see Baker this week. We were just checking to make sure the placenta wasn't in the way. Also, during the appointment I found out the baby's head measured right on track. The last two times it was measuring ahead, get it? The baby weighed 1850 grams (1950 grams is the average) or about 4 lbs 1 oz. 
Weight Gain/Loss: +1.2 pounds (+16.4 lbs total) 
My new view . . . so crazy!
Clothing: Maternity
Sleep: My back is starting to hurt when I sleep in on the weekends. I think my body misses being able to be on my back plus the extra weight probably doesn't help.
Exercise: I worked out twice this week and felt really good.
Movement: Lots of moving. I thought the baby was supposed to be running out of room but it turns out the baby is just making new room . . . in my ribs.
Gender: Surprise!


Week 33, May 13th-May 19th, 2015
Thought I'd include a picture in my workout clothes. Let's just say the bump is obvious now and when I work out I definitely get some looks.
How I am feeling: Definitely feel like I need to slow down. I have no energy to go to the gym (the picture above was from a prenatal pilates workout at home) and my legs are swollen by the end of the day. I know they could be a lot worse but they still swell during the day. I've started lying down at work in the staff room occasionally just to give my body a break. Thankfully Chelsea usually hangs out with me when I'm in there.
Funny Jake Moments/Commentary: Jake worked on the baby box holder which is great since we will need it to make sure the baby box doesn't fall off the night stand. #thingsIneverthoughtI'dsay
Size of the Baby: 17 inches, pineapple, 4.25 lbs
What is the Baby up to this Week:  Over the next four weeks the baby will put on another half pound per week. This rapid weight gain will slow by next month. The skeleton is also hardening although the bones in his skull will not fuse together completely, but will overlap allowing for continued growth all the way up until early adulthood.
Best Moment this Week: Watching the baby move all around and having it start to sink in that we are getting close to meeting Baker.
Food Cravings: Fruit
What I Miss: Being able to hug Jake front to front :).
Most Looking Forward To: Rocking Baker to sleep!
Thankful for: Jake taking great care of me.
Weight Gain/Loss: +1.2 pounds (+17.6 lbs total) 
Clothing: Maternity
Sleep: I had a head cold for a few days which made sleeping a little more difficult but it is still pretty good.
Exercise: Only worked out once this week at home doing prenatal pilates but did some walking during the week and went on a long walk this weekend (that totally kicked my butt).
Movement: One night Baker was moving SO much. We tried getting it on video but you just can't see it on film like you can in real life.
Gender: Surprise!

If you missed the other bumpdates you can read about them here: Weeks 4-16, Weeks 17-19, Weeks 20-22 and Weeks 23-28.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...